someone help please! mic stuck!

Reaction score
i plugged in a microphone on my new imac but when i tried to pull it out..
the half of the plug in broke and now the other half is stuck inside..

anyone out there can help me?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It's a job for a Mac tech, because your computer is new and still under warranty. If you open the iMac up to get at the audio socket with the broken mic plug, you'll void your warranty. Don't try messing inside that tiny aperture, and don't try to push the broken part through, it may get stuck in delicate electronic parts inside the iMac. It's bad luck for you :( - put it down to experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Like hughvane said. You need an Apple service tech.

OP
F
Reaction score
It's a job for a Mac tech, because your computer is new and still under warranty. If you open the iMac up to get at the audio socket with the broken mic plug, you'll void your warranty. Don't try messing inside that tiny aperture, and don't try to push the broken part through, it may get stuck in delicate electronic parts inside the iMac. It's bad luck for you :( - put it down to experience.

call me a retard but i grabbed some tinny tweezers and pulled it out.... i was kind of scared because i moved it violently but i managed to get it out and its working perfectly now

thanks for the answers though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
i grabbed some tinny tweezers and pulled it out .... i managed to get it out and its working perfectly now

Good upon you, Lady Luck smiling :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.