2 questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Processor 2.1ghz intel core 2 Duo
hi

1st question is audio
ive just plugged my lead into my headphone port on macbook and the other end into my mixer as i normaly would if i was using my pc.
The sound dosnt sound very good at all, its like the 2 channels are coming out of 1 lead ( if i unplug the one lead the sound still plays on 2 channels ) hope this makes sense to you. any ideas??

2nd question
If ive got a web page open on my macbook how can i open another page without losing the other page, i wan them to sit in the dock so i can choose from one to the other??

Thanks all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
Well for the second question just open another tab. It wont display in the dock, but it will in the window.

Reaction score
hi

1st question is audio
ive just plugged my lead into my headphone port on macbook and the other end into my mixer as i normaly would if i was using my pc.
The sound dosnt sound very good at all, its like the 2 channels are coming out of 1 lead ( if i unplug the one lead the sound still plays on 2 channels ) hope this makes sense to you. any ideas??

2nd question
If ive got a web page open on my macbook how can i open another page without losing the other page, i wan them to sit in the dock so i can choose from one to the other??

Thanks all
Mono plug in a stereo jack? Stereo plug too small for the Mac?

Open Safari, go to a web page. Now, either hit <splat>-t or go to the <File> menu and click on "New Tab"

You'er welcome.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks all

the single plug that goes into head phone socket on macbook has 2 wires coming out of it then the other end there are 2 phono plugs which go into my mixer, this works fine on pc laptop so im not sure whats going on.

as for opening 2 web pages im sure last night i had 2 pages on the go and the the page i wasnt looking at was in he dock window if thats the right name for it.
so when i wanted to look at the other page i just took the cursor over to the left hand side and the dock window came out and i could see the other web page in it, when i clicked on it it opened and the other page went into dock window, any ideas??
new to mac as you can probably tell and im not the brightest on computers

thanks again

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ive sorted 2nd question

thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ive just plugged the lead into pc and guess what
it appears not to be working properly.
so weird
how can a lead stop working when it was ok last night
thanks anyway

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Take a good look at the end of the jack that goes into the headphone port. Check out this picture and notice the difference between the second and third plugs. File:photo-audiojacks.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Stereo plugs (what I think you need) have a double ring on the end.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks slydude
mine is the same as number 3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.