Photo in iphoto but not in finder

Reaction score
Made the mistake of moving a photo from finder "originals" folder while trying to burn the photo full size. I can see the photo in iphoto libraries- but it is not listed in finder and I do not know how to find the original to burn the full size photo. MacBook Pro for a year and this is the first glitch. Thanks for considering my question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you have a Photos folder in your Documents folder? I'm not sure if that was created by the OS, or by me!

Do you know the name of the file? Have you tried to search for it in Spotlight?

OP
T
Reaction score
No photos folder in Documents folder. File name is IMG_6472. Not found in spotlight window of any application, e.g., iphoto, finder. I can see the thumbnail in iphoto but it does not appear in any listing of photos or documents. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
You really should keep out of 'Originals' folder. Have you 'Exported' the photo from iPhoto?

OP
T
Reaction score
Yeah. Exported to DVD burner but only got thumbnail at 25K. Staying out of the iphoto folders sounds like a good idea. Old PC habits are hard to break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
When you export did you select to export as Jpeg and at maximum size? Sounds like you did not change the defaults. Try exporting just one to the desktop after changing the dafault export parameters and see the effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.