Saving web pages for use in windows

Reaction score
I have recently bought a Mac for home use. But work laptop and standalones are windows based. For an assignment I'm working on I saved some web pages on the mac and then copied them to a data stick for use at work. But the files won't open in windows - is there anything I can do to sort this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
In firefox you can select save page as and use the save page, complete

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Would it suit your purposes if the pages were saved as .pdf files? If so, that is easy to do on the Mac.

1. Launch your web browser of choice (Safari, Firefox, etc)
2. Once on the desired page choose Print from the fFile menu.
3. Click the PDF button at the bottom of the print dialog. One of the available options will be Save as PDF.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
But the files won't open in windows - is there anything I can do to sort this?
This all depends on the browser you're using and how you're saving the pages. If I save a page as a Web Archive in Opera, I can't open it in Firefox for instance. And what do you mean by won't open? Will it not show the page at all or will it show something but not the page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
This all depends on the browser you're using and how you're saving the pages. If I save a page as a Web Archive in Opera, I can't open it in Firefox for instance.

Agreed. Try using Firefox (or even Safari) on both platforms. Also, saving as a PDF (as Slydude so eloquently detailed) would accomplish the same thing, no?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.