Only one iPod headphone working.

Reaction score
I bought my iPod touch in June this year and it was all working fine. When I came of my holiday in October, I'd found out that only one of my headphones was working. I pressed it in until the sound was then coming out of both headphones but as I let go, the audio disappeared from the left again. I have bought 3 pairs of headphones since and all have had the same problem therefore leading me to find out that the problem was associated with the iPod itself. Could anyone help me work out how the fix the headphone jack or possibly be able to take it in for a cheap repair.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
It sounds like there is something in the port. But if it is bad and not just foreign material stuck in it. Take it to the apple store as it should still be under warrenty.

Hope this helps
clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Cool. Let us know the out come. It may help someone else.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Also the headphones should be covered under warranty as well. When mine would mess up they would send me new ones and I would have to send the old ones back free of charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
I have a very similar problem with my 30GB iPod (no audio out of the right channel), though it's at least three years old and well out of warranty. I've tested multiple headphones/earphones, and there doesn't appear to be anything lodged in the hole. Does anyone know of any DIY solutions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.