can i just copy & paste my music/photos/pr0n/ folders from XP into a new one in OS X

Reaction score
just got a new macbook and have successfully installed Fusion 3 on it and i'm currently using XP by migrating my old PC laptop onto Fusion 3 as a VM.

can i just copy & paste my music/photos/pr0n/ folders from XP into a new folder in OS X, then reinstall XP on the VM software and drag and drop the copied files from OS X back to XP no problemo?

i wanna cut XP down to as little size as possible, currently it is 111.03 GB!! i only have like 40-ish gigs worth of files i want to keep anyway and would enjoy the "speed boost" XP receives when reinstalled fresh. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8-core MacPro
mega_bol,

yes you can. Just set up Shared Folders in VMFusion and you'll be able to copy/move files between Mac OS and Windows XP easily. Even Copy & Paste will work between Mac applications and Windows applications.

Joster

OP
M
Reaction score
sweeeet. thanks!

now i kinda have another question. i see that i can't make the HDD on the VM any smaller. i can expand it to like 950gig (lol) but it wont let me lower it past 105gigs. i guess it's cause it just copied and partitioned off the entire HDD on the XP machine.

can i lower this?

OP
M
Reaction score
ok i found out about this "shrink" feature in VM tools. it seems like it is supposed to do exactly what i'm looking for, but when i did it (took like 35-ish mins) it didn't reduce the size of anything! the hdd of the VM is still the same size so it's still got 56 free gb's that i can not use with OSX.

please help? pretty please?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.