Screen is Blank

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Today, I was doing a software update and i restarted my computer (Late 2007 Macbook Pro), but the screen was completely blank, and I cannot turn up the backlights
I am leaving for a trip tomorrow, so your speed is much appreciated
I just upgraded the hard drive so I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before
Josh S.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Do you mean that your MBP went through the boot up process and then presented you with a blank (lighted white) screen?

What software update was that?

OP
S
Reaction score
it wasn't a blank white screen, the screen was totally black and it was a software update that i initiated today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
So, your MBP is still running, but the video is off. (We can do that on purpose using the Control/Shift/Eject command, but hitting any key brings the screen back.) I still would like to know what software update you ran. Since the problem occurred immediately thereafter, it probably has something to do with it. Can you get video using an external monitor?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.