External Hard Disk Format

Reaction score
Hey, I'm sure there's plenty of threads out there on such things, but i cant find quite enough time in my day to search through 400 pages of info, sorry in advance.

I'm looking for a nice external hard drive for my MBP, however, I also Boot Camp Windows Vista (I'm eventually upgrading to 7, though Vista for now).

Finding a hard drive isn't such a big problem as finding a good way to format it. Thing is, I would like to store files that are much bigger than 4GB on my HD, so FAT32 is out of the question, and I'd like my OSX.5 partition to be able to write to it too, so NTFS seems out of the question. Is there any way to format the Hard Disk on a single partition, or am I out of luck?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
You can use NTFS-3G along with MacFUSE to read/write to an NTFS partition within OS X.

Linky to app and tutorial on setting it up can be found over here on Life Hack.

HTH.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you kindly, I'll try it out at my next convenience and let ya know how it turns out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.