Lost boot camp partition/unable to install VMware fusion 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

should read - Los Boot Camp folder

I was having difficulties with being unable to use the mic having loaded dragon naturally speaking and so i tried a install but (i think stupidly) had clicked the yes button to installing macafee anti-virus which then prevented me from running the install disc for vmw after i had decided to do a full re-install. once i was able to reinstall but dns came back up and i dont think i wiped vmw properly on the uninstall.

so i went hunting for anything vmw or vista and have (stupidly) wiped the virtual folder (boot camp) from my computer. I still have the two osx install discs that came with my imac 2.4 ghz intell core 2 duo, osx 10.5.8 machine.
could someone provide some guidance as to how to reinstall the missing boot camp virtual folder please??

thanks in advance for any assistance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sure, if you tell us what a "Boot Camp Virtual Folder" is. ?? (there is no such thing)

If you're trying to tell us that you accidently wiped out your Vista virtual machine folder... just re-create it by creating a new VM and then installing Vista again. You'll probably have to activate it once more with MS but that should not present a problem.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Yes it was Vista virtual machine folder. I installed vista again and then dns and also figured out the problem with my mic. I had to click on the headphone icon at the bottom of the vm window and it installed the drivers for it which is something i do not remember having to do when i was using boot camp.

So i think it is a case of problem solved. thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Maxy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.