• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NFL Thread =-O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Well, the season is decided if you are an NFC kind of person, if you're in the AFC it's coming down to the wire...

Anyway, a thread for all things football. Let me start...

GO PACK GO! Woo, playoffs!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
did you see that whoopin the Cowboys put on the Redskins!!!!!!!! my AFC team just sucks. they are mathematically still in the playoff race but that is just a pipe dream. i hope Jack Del Rio gets canned after this season.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What little I watched of the Cowboys and Skins game didn't seem like a whooping to me..the score was 17-0..and I think that was more the Skins not accomplishing much than the Cowboys dominating them..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Go Red Win...oh wait, wrong sport....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I just got through watching my Bears spank the Vikings in overtime. WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!!
The Bears should have been playing like that all season! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey now...watch what you say about my boys!! ;) hehe

The skins have a decent defense...their offense sucks balls though. But what does it matter? win by 1 or by 20 a win is a win....and I don't care how we win as long as we find ourselves winning the super bowl :)

No one even gave us a chance against the saints...and looky here! :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'm almost glad I couldn't get that Saint vs. Cowboys game. I grew up watching both teams. BTW who decided that the NFL Network was a good idea anyway?

BTW any suggestions on what to do if the Saints have to play the Cowboys in the playoffs? Think I'd be forced to pull for the Saints in hopes they make it to the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history.

Reaction score
Go Browns! One of the hottest teams in the NFL :)

3 in a row baby! haha..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Chargers all the way. =D

It's a shame that Philip Rivers will probably not make the pro bowl.

He has the highest QB rating in the AFC, second highest in the NFL.

Last year he had the highest QB rating in the NFL.

Neither years he made the pro bowl. It's a shame all the fans pick the most publicized QBs, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Chargers all the way. =D

It's a shame that Philip Rivers will probably not make the pro bowl.

He has the highest QB rating in the AFC, second highest in the NFL.

Last year he had the highest QB rating in the NFL.

Neither years he made the pro bowl. It's a shame all the fans pick the most publicized QBs, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre.

Have to completely agree with you here! I do wonder what the chargers will have to do to be taken seriously. They do some amazing stuff and have some amazing players and coaching staff...but for some reason they're always "behind" when stacked up to colts, steelers, pats....

Reaction score
I also agree with the Chargers pick.

I picked them at the beginning of the season to go all the way, and nothing in these last 7 weeks has proven to me to choose otherwise.

They seem to be the most well rounded team, imo, playing solid defense and some great offense, never scoring less than 20 in a game.

Philip Rivers SHOULD be the MVP, but alas, Manning will win another.. Maybe we'll get another CO MVP like Manning and McNair had in 04 or 05...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
Go Bengals! But to be honest, I don't think they are going far in the playoffs because they have had a pretty easy schedule but I hope they do well. I was just happy to see the Bengals finally have a winning season. I also like the Colts and I think they have a very good chance of winning the superbowl, same with the saints.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
The Colts will be going to the Super Bowl again!
That's my team - born and raised in Indy! We finally have a winning team. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
The Colts will be going to the Super Bowl again!
That's my team - born and raised in Indy! We finally have a winning team. :)

Finally? Has a team won more games this DECADE?

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I just got through watching my Bears spank the Vikings in overtime. WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!!
The Bears should have been playing like that all season! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :Angry-Tongue:

I wouldn't say they spanked them... they started off doing that, and then barely held on. It was nice to see the vikings falter again though. :) That TD pass to close the game was awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I wouldn't say they spanked them... they started off doing that, and then barely held on. It was nice to see the vikings falter again though. :) That TD pass to close the game was awesome.

It definitely made the game more exciting.

Then Robbie Gould missed the kick. =D

At the end, the Bears prevailed.

What a great monday night football game, I was expecting the Vikings to spank the Bears...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Finally? Has a team won more games this DECADE?

When I say "Finally", it is relative to the 80's and 90's when I was living in Indy and watching them lose again and again.

It's just nice to have a favorite team that's actually kicking some butt. ;D ...even if I am 2,000 miles away now and can't attend any of the home games.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.