Don't bother with an Apple Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Jaygray- the roller ball everyone is complaining about is actually the scroll wheel on the Mighty Mouse. The Mouse itself is optical.

I regularly used 4 Mighty Mouses (Mice?) over more than two years. I wound up getting 3 replacements from Apple during that time, if memory serves. The mice I replaced were clearly defective, click functions would no longer work. As to the roller ball scroll wheel, I had to clean them every so often. I just used denatured alcohol on a cloth. That cleared up the scrolling problems just fine.

I now have 4 Magic Mouses, and yes, I like them a whole lot better. And, so far they've all worked perfectly.

And you've put up with that kind of crap! Amazing - I've had one Logitech wireless mouse for the past zillion years, which has seen me through three PCs and is now used with the iMac - I had wrist strain with the MM after half an hour - I wouldn't give an Apple mouse house room - they suck. Very pretty but functionally useless.

OP
C
Reaction score
Mighty Mouse not so

My point in the original post is that Apple with it's elegant design and relatively well functioning software should be able to make a better mouse (trap;D).

Given the comments, it appears that apple's mice are an triumph of style over functionality. I would prefer the reverse and perhaps a replacement mouse that worked for a couple of years without fidgeting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.