WARNING: Widgets can hijack your dashboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
They talk about "Activity Monitor" in the article. Where is this so called "Activity Monitor"?

Just wondering. This way I know where to look for that "Just In Case" situation and be able to use the kill command.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
My answer to the whole issue is to not use widgets issued from sites that Apple has not reviewed. But the permissions control OS X has will have the whole concept under control in little time! :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
TTheInfamous1 said:
They talk about "Activity Monitor" in the article. Where is this so called "Activity Monitor"?

Just wondering. This way I know where to look for that "Just In Case" situation and be able to use the kill command.
Activity monitor: Finder > Applications > Utilities look in the upper left of that window

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
witeshark said:
Activity monitor: Finder > Applications > Utilities look in the upper left of that window
Great, thanks!

OP
K

KuruMonkey

Well, I just had my first ever auto-downloaded without my knowledge or consent widget land on my desktop.

The super-exciting ***? moment is... I'm running PANTHER.

So; why has apple decided to let safari auto-download random ZIP files onto the desktop?!?

Auto-download widgets is stupid, but understandable on a system that could use widgets. Doing it on a system that can't is just, well; its beyond belief.

Raises the point that the widget zip need not actuallyh have a widget in it; you can get safari to dump whatever you like onto the desktop, on the off chance that it might get run. Nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.