note taking software

B

baikal

I am looking for a notetaking application which lets me configure the data input page with the dimensions of an actual notecard (A6, ie 4x6 inches) and then formats the text I input in real time to these dimensions. The point is to be abe to print the text of the virtual cards directly onto A6 notecards.

I have been using Microsoft Onenote, which does what I describe (and much else) quite beautifully, but unfortunately there is no Mac version.

None of the Mac programs I have looked at seem to allow user configuration of the input page as I have described.

Can anyone help?--thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy. So, which apps on the Mac have you tried? And what were the short-comings?

Reaction score
You could make an Adobe Indesign template to do this easily. Just set up a bunch of text regions on a page, each the size of a note card, and set the text to flow from one card to the next.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You could make an Adobe Indesign template to do this easily. Just set up a bunch of text regions on a page, each the size of a note card, and set the text to flow from one card to the next.

That's a pretty expensive program. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Won't Pages, Inspector, Page Setup allow you to type into a 4X6 inch page format? It looks like it will when I bring it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
In Notebook (by Circus Ponies), you can set up a custom page format that would seem to meet your criteria.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Won't Pages, Inspector, Page Setup allow you to type into a 4X6 inch page format? It looks like it will when I bring it up.

Yeah it does, only thing is that you need to change it to horizontal and not vertical on the printer orientation.

OP
B

baikal

Many thanks to everyone for all the good advice! Curio 2 seems like the best bet, but I'm having trouble finding the prices...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.