How Much To Sell My iMac For?

Reaction score
Hello admirable people of MacForums,

I own a 20 inch aluminum iMac from mid-2007, and it has recently developed the problem of having lines on the LCD screen. This model is not covered with Apple, apparently, and I am obviously out of warranty. At such, I have been looking into various other options, including that of switching the LCD myself with a cheaper Dell monitor, or to buy the components myself and replace the faulty bits on my own. However, these options have proven to not be viable, and to send it in for repair would be way too expensive. Apparently it will set me back about 760 USD just to get the LCD changed if I do go to the local Apple authorized centers.

So, I am thinking of selling this iMac of mine to get an entry level one. I am wondering how much I should sell this iMac for. Remember, though, that it has three lines on the screen, one in the middle, one towards the right, and one on the extreme left of the screen.

It comes loaded with a whole bunch of paid applications that I bought over the years, iWork 09, iLife 09, Snow Leopard 10.6.2, and all that good stuff. Also, I intend to sell it with my Magic Mouse and a wireless Bluetooth keyboard. How much do you think I should be asking for?

Here are the specifics:

20 inch aluminum iMac
iLife '09
iWork '09
Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
Macbook Charger (I have an extra brand new one that I want to just throw it in)
A slew of applications I bought over the years.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mate goto Mac2sell HERE put in your Mac specs and it will give you a price for what its worth.
Then all you have to do is work out what your software that you are selling with it SHOULD be worth ....

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
No worries mate ... Great place to get a IDEA on what you can knock it off for ..

Good luck and hope you get the price you put on it :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.