Publish site from iWeb 06

Reaction score
Hi there

I understand you can publish a website direct to your own domain from the new iWeb version, but I don't intend to fork out £50 for the whole of iLife...

I've just registered my own domain name, which I've added into my Settings in my MobileMe account.

Can someone please tell me how I publish from iWeb to this domain? I've been reading about hosting and FTP sites, but to be honest, I don't really understand what that means. I understand you need web hosting if you DON'T have a .Mac account, but I do have one.

A step-by-step guide on how do to this would be really helpful... Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
EDIT: I misread you're post. You are asking how to post your site to a .mac site? I think there's a button in the pulldown menu that automatically does it. Sorry, I've never posted to a .mac site so I don't know about it, the following steps are only valid for an outside hosting account.

1. Download and install the free to try fetch program Fetch Softworks

2. create a folder on your desktop called "aaawebsite"

3. Goto iweb and publish your website to the folder you just created (it's got 3 a's to
make it come up first on your list, so your not hunting for it).

4. Open up fetch and enter your website info into the user interface (address,
username, password, etc.).

5. Click 'put' and select the website folder and index .html files

6. Open up your webpage and hit refresh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
PS- working in the new iweb software with the builtin ftp client IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got it with my new imac and it is the coolest feature/update I've ever experienced on a computer. It makes it SOOOOOOO darn simple and quick to publish changes to your sites.

In my opinion, that one feature is easily worth the price of the whole ilife sweet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.