Macbook speech recognition?

Reaction score
I'm not SURE this is the best place for this question, but it didn't fit into any of the other categories....but sorry if I'm wrong.
Anyways, I got my new macbook the other day (my first mac) and I love it. I just figured out how to work/use speech recognition and commands and they're great; however I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of all the commands my macbook already knows and what exactly they do. I do know about the speech commands window, but I don't know what some of the commands do. For example, "make this into a sticky note" I can say and get my macbook to acknowledge it heard and understood, but then nothing happens. It seems a no brainer if I highlight something it will make it into a sticky note, but that doesn't happen, so I'm confused. Same with "show me what to say" and some others.
If someone knows what these do or can show me a place that lists the commands AND what exactly they do/how to work them, that would be great.
Thanks guys. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Speech recognition?? I didn't even know that could be done on a Mac! :Confused:
What you are trying to do sounds more like the making of an AppleScript command for highlighting and making it a sticky note.

OP
W
Reaction score
Juke, speech recognition is amazing. Haha. You can set it up in the system preferences > speech. Its fun. :] And as far as applescripts, I may sound like an idiot, but I AM a new switcher, and I don't know what it is. I've seen it mentioned a lot and tried to look it up, but I really just don't understand it. What IS applescript?
And Rip Vega, thanks, but I actually had already seen that it didn't help much. :[ Thanks for trying though!! I appreciate it. :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I'm probably the last person to tell you anything about AppleScripts other than what I have read from wikipedia, other sites and on here.
To me the AppleScript commands looks like English mixed hieroglyphics and math. :Smirk:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.