Shockwave works weird (Safari, Firefox, Opera) pls help

Reaction score
HI, I've got an iMAC G5 PPC, when I usually got into flash games websites it worked just fine, all before Shockwave 11 appears. When I had to install it "forced" (due the website asked for it) I can't play the games fine anymore.
Each time I want to play I have to empty the cache and history, then when I play once the game it works fine (online checkers) but, when I want to play a second game it just all the text dissapear and I can no choose opponents, so I have to get out of the page and do the same process (empty cache, close the browser, and start over) WHAT'S THE STORY WITH IT!??? :(

I had already uninstalled it, installed slim version, full version, the latest and previous version of shockwave and flash....nothing seems to work. Even trying in Firefox, Safary, today I tried Opera but all the same. THANKS!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I believe you should be using Shockwave 10 Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player for Mac PPC. Get rid of v 11, revert to v 10, and see if that solves the problem.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi hughvane, I already tried with version 10 and nothing, if I use version 9 the website automatically says I need to update the shockwave version. sooo.......nothing more to think for the moment....:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Have you done a complete cleanout of all redundant Flash files? From desktop, type Cmd-F. Type Flash in the search field, wait, and then look under Other.

Another dungout method is to use EasyFind.app (very good) to locate ALL flash items. Some of course belong to other applications, some are harmless in respect of online Flash games, and you'll soon enough recognise what's needed, and what's not.

PS. Oops, I failed to mention that there's an uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg. It comes from the Adobe website.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Hughvane, I already tried that uninstalling flash player files, could there be a problem in my browsers? I mean should I delete and reinstall Safari, Firefox etc? or it doesn't matter?

Am I the only one that have this matter??????? strange huh? hmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I mean should I delete and reinstall Safari, Firefox etc? or it doesn't matter?
Am I the only one that have this matter??????? strange huh? hmm

Well, I guess reinstalling the browsers mightn't hurt, but before you do that, reset Safari once again, the cache nearly always seems to be the problem; then do likewise with Firefox.

Something else I'd suggest - try Camino. It comes from Mozilla, is similar to FFox, but is lighter and faster. And don't accept cookies unless the games sites you visit won't work without them. Another thing you might try in Camino is disabling some Web features (see attachment).

Are you the only one with Flash issues - I doubt it, but there've been no other people responding to your posts.

Picture 40.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.