Macbook speakers hums

Reaction score
Hi,

I got my macbook a few days before Christmas. When I turned it on, the speakers started making a weird humming sound/beep-noise. Its not there when I turn off the sound completely, but I want to be able to listen to my music on it too.
The sound alternates when I turn the up the sound.

Anyone knows what's wrong here? And what I can do about it?

Thank you in advance.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is a almost brand new machine then. Does it do the sound/noise all the time? If so, I would take it back to an Apple store and complain. That does not sound right at all and they will make it right as long as it's noticeable and always there with the volume up.

OP
L
Reaction score
This is a almost brand new machine then. Does it do the sound/noise all the time? If so, I would take it back to an Apple store and complain. That does not sound right at all and they will make it right as long as it's noticeable and always there with the volume up.

Yeah, it does when the volume isn't turned off. Problem is, I live in Denmark and there are no Apple stores here. Would I be able to take it where I bought it and get it exchanged there, maybe? I did not buy Apple Care.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You do have Apple Care for 1 year on any new Mac from the time of purchase. How audible is this sound? Will they be able to hear it clearly? If so, I would take it back. It can't hurt. If they don't help you then I would contact Apple.

Is there anyway you can record the sound and let us hear it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Yes, they would. Its really loud and very annoying.

Wait a second, I'll try to record it.

Reaction score
if it's loud and annoying take it back and exchange it for a new one. That should not be happening on a new machine for any reason.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A medium pitch whistle correct? With her talking I had to crank the volume but I heard it clearly.

Reaction score
Yeah, it does when the volume isn't turned off. Problem is, I live in Denmark and there are no Apple stores here. Would I be able to take it where I bought it and get it exchanged there, maybe? I did not buy Apple Care.

Hi, there are more then just one applestore in kobenhavn!
I used to shop there all the time for my ipodtouch.

Just search :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.