I ordered my New MacBook (Several Questions)

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im pretty much new here as for the first time in my life im going to step over from the desktop to the macbook.

However i have some questions since i was practicaly born with a desktop :p

I ordered my MacBook on 25 december this month. It will be shipped 12 jan, and i will receive it 21 jan, Do you think this is correct? does it always take that long? Or may it be send out earlier afterall?
PS mine has 2 GIGA ram added.

I still own my desktop though and as i was looking at its specs i wanted to know which one is faster? (dummy here with computers)

This is the New white macbook specs:
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed.

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3

And 4 giga of ram (i took the highest i could)

Now this is my current PC specs:
AMD Dual core processor 7550. 2.50Ghz
Geforce G210
and also 4 gigas of ram.

Which one would make it faster?

Another question since i was learning alot from this forum. I saw a thread which the new macbook had cracks in it without reason? I thought it was a new product and more durable MacBook right? Or do i have to be afraid now?
A macbook does come with garanty right? if so how long would that be?

I hope i aint bugging you with my questions :)
Thank you in advance.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
The warranty will last a year. You can extend it by buying Apple Care.

I wouldn't be too worried about the MacBook seeing as that problem, should it ever occur, will be covered by the warranty.

Your Mac will probably be faster than your PC, but only you can confirm that.

Welcome to the forums and have fun with your new notebook!

Reaction score
your desktop is more powerful spec wise than your mac, especially in the Graphics department.

The processors are just about evenly matched, though the intel will outperform the AMD.

but that graphics card in your desktop rig is basically the best GFX card you can get in a laptop (and you won't find them in apple laptops.. but alienware, voodoo, gateway, and asus offer that card in some of their top end models.)

what do you plan to use this computer for? The desktop you have makes me think you're a hardcore gamer.

OP
G
Reaction score
your desktop is more powerful spec wise than your mac, especially in the Graphics department.

The processors are just about evenly matched, though the intel will outperform the AMD.

but that graphics card in your desktop rig is basically the best GFX card you can get in a laptop (and you won't find them in apple laptops.. but alienware, voodoo, gateway, and asus offer that card in some of their top end models.)

what do you plan to use this computer for? The desktop you have makes me think you're a hardcore gamer.

I'm not that much of a hardcore gamer :) I just love to play second life :p

I mainly bought a mac because it's easier to use then windows (as so I heard)
lately I'm having trouble with my desktop. Well those aren't really problems but just so annoying like: upgrading antivirus and everynight I must update windows(13 packages or so) also when there's something wrong on a windows you must seek it very deeply within the OS.

As I found my iPod touch so extremely easy to use I thought Id do some researches on a mac and as apple puts it they say it's way much easier to use :)

So I went shopping for the new white MacBook and I took a magicmouse with it :) are these 2 compatible btw? As I saw you just need Bluetooth as that MacBook has it.

Alexsd123 thanks for the welcome :)

I'm glad to hear it a good choice I made with the specs

Reaction score
secondlife will run fairly well on your mac. you can dual boot windows or run a program called "crossover mac games"

The apple mouse will work just fine with the laptop you're getting.

OP
G
Reaction score
OK thank you :)
its great to hear about that :D
And the shipping does it always take that long? i ordered 25Dec. and it will be shipped at 12Jan. ill receive it at 21Jan.

I do however added rams. but still does it always take that long? :Oops:

OP
G
Reaction score
When you make an order does applestore emidiately withdraw from your bank account? Or when the order is ready?

I ask this because I updated my billing info and a new bank account since I move to Swiss. I find problems purchasing apps with the same creditcard as I purchased the MacBook with.

It says my order is ready at 12jan and here at 21jan. Does that mean I purchased it already?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP; 4GB RAM; 250GB HD
When you make an order does applestore emidiately withdraw from your bank account? Or when the order is ready?

I ask this because I updated my billing info and a new bank account since I move to Swiss. I find problems purchasing apps with the same creditcard as I purchased the MacBook with.

It says my order is ready at 12jan and here at 21jan. Does that mean I purchased it already?

From what I hear, your credit card is not charged until you sign for the package when it is delivered.
I just ordered a Macbook Pro last night & the order status indicates delivery between 30Dec - 6Jan.....maybe there was a large number of orders for the particular model of laptop that you purchased, which is delaying the shipment.

OP
G
Reaction score
Once again a new problem existed.

Here's the story.
When I ordered the new MacBook I couldn't
give my mobile number. It gave me an incorrect message.
So I gave my number from my home which is disconnected.
However a lady of apple finances in Ireland cork send me an email
saying she couldn't reach us and with that she kindly asked
if I could call her back on 0800 917 743 to confirm the booking.
But all what I do this number I cannot call!!

I'm located in the Swiss and apple finances in Ireland. I've tried from
Swiss mobile and housephone. My parents tried from the Netherlands.
I even had some from testing it from Asia and all get the disconnecting sound.

So I send her an email back with the correct mobile number but nor does she call or send an email back.
I've send this email 2 times now.

Is that women some practical joke? Or am I being scammed here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.