upgrade for a macbook

Reaction score
Hey whats up.. I have a problem I am trying to fix with my macbook. I got this new software for my computer that requires osx 10.5, I have 10.4.11. I checked the mac website but havent been able to find the correct link to upgrade to 10.5. I found ones to upgrade to like 10.5.2 but it requires 10.5 to upgrade from. If anyone has the solution to this I'd really apperciate it, maybe a link to it if possible. thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
just upgrade to 10.6.2

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The .0 upgrades(10.4, 10.5, etc.) aren't available for download. They must be purchased. Subsequent updates within the same series can be downloaded from Apple. They can often be had for somewhat less than retail price from Apple (Amazon, eBay, etc).

When purchasing make sure that you are purchasing retail versions of the OS rather than versions keyed to a specific type of Mac. The OS discs specifically designed for a Mac Mini, for example, will usually not boot a Mac Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
The .0 upgrades(10.4, 10.5, etc.) aren't available for download. They must be purchased. Subsequent updates within the same series can be downloaded from Apple. They can often be had for somewhat less than retail price from Apple (Amazon, eBay, etc).

When purchasing make sure that you are purchasing retail versions of the OS rather than versions keyed to a specific type of Mac. The OS discs specifically designed for a Mac Mini, for example, will usually not boot a Mac Pro.

also if u have an 07 modle MacBook and try to load the disc on the newer unibodys MacBook (aluminum or white) they will not load up. so if you think just because its a macbook it will work on all macbooks dont be fooled. get the right disc for ur computer, or try to upgrade software on ur system update straight from the computer....

OP
W
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for information everyone.. So is this what I need?
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.)
I don't know what newer unibodys are but you are right my computer is from '07.

Edit: Actually I found a previous thread on this site that says the 29 dollar disc will not work. My problem is that to upgrade to snow leopard you need to be running leopard, I have tiger so I need to upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5. I haven't been able to find the retail dvd for this. Does anyone have a link that could show me where? thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.