Send audio from Airport express to Macbook?

Reaction score
I've just received a new Airport Express 802.11n Wi-Fi and I had a rather odd question, that I may already know the answer to.

I currently own a brand new Blue Snowball USB microphone, and I'm aware of Airport's ability to charge USB devices, but I was curious if it were possible to record audio via Airport. I thought that It would be a process relatively similar to setting up my USB printer, but after plugging in the mic(the 'on' light was lit) my computer did not recognize it.

I feel that it may be a lost cause, but I was wondering if there were any possibility of achieving such a feat.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No. You're not going to be able to plug a mic into a router and have it function on your MB.

There are no drivers on the AE. It merely assigns an IP address to a network capable printer. The drivers that enable the printer to function are still on the MB and it finds the printer via the IP address that was assigned to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.