Presonus Inspire 1394 --> Macbook + Problems

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone !

As a present my parents bought my a Presonus Inspire 1394 4x4 Firewire computer recording system, for my guitar. Now, it came with 2 discs. The 1394, which installed successfully and is running. The second is the Cubase LE4 disc, which is the actual software, not the program. When I insert the disc it all works until I come across a .mpkg file, when double clicked it says it cannot be opened. I downloaded a freeware program called Pacafist which specializes in opening these up, but when it comes time to get the code and stuff in order to enable the software, it's just tons of random letters and numbers.

What can I do to open up the .mpkg file, and have all the contents left as they were.

Ps, my Mac is 10.5 and it requires 10.3 or higher, therefore, I know it's not that I need an upgrade. This is the only problem I have blocking me from completing the installation of this device. Please help.

Also, I can't seem to find the Apple Installer anywhere, I'm afraid I may have deleted it... I reinstalled the OS X system through the 2 discs, but it still didn't appear. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to locate it/get to it.. thanks. I believe that's the problem as to why the .mpkg files won't open, because The Unarchiver doesn't support it and I may have used it as a replacement which is why it'd have been deleted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.