XP and the Magic Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
My new IMac came with the new wireless mouse and at first glance it seemed to be unusable. But after an hour or so, I got used to having no visible buttons or wheels and came to like it.

But, when used with XP, either with Parallels or Bootcamp it has a major hesitation problem. When XP starts up, the mouse cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen. Clicking and moving the mouse will free it up in a few seconds. But if the mouse isn't used for several seconds or more, it will go back to "sleep" and will require a few more seconds to wake up. The problem is much more evident with Bootcamp than with Parallels.

It isn't too much of a problem with normal applications, but is a total show stopper with interactive games where a frozen mouse for a few seconds can lose the game.

The problem goes away with a wired mouse, and a logitech wireless mouse with it's own USB sender works ok also.

Anybody else notice this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.