Apps/Games between Ipod Touch & Iphone

Reaction score
can games/apps communicate between an ipod touch and a iphone? such games as words with friends, can that be play with an ipod touch on wifi with an iphone? i plan on buying an ipod touch for such things as games/apps/music since i already have a phone (not iphone). pls dont suggest getting a iphone since i'm very happy with my phone (g1). i wanted a seperate for those other things so i can dont have to worry about battery life. i was just wondering if all or most apps/games that are made to communicate with other devices will work fine between ipod touches wifi and another iphone or ipod touch wifi. i tried searching but putting in ipod or iphone seems to be mute in this section and i didnt know how to word it easy enough for a search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
The short answer is yes. Both wifi and Bluetooth games will play nice together between touch and iPhone.

Hope it helps

Clay

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply. i've only ask because i dont have a use for a iphone at this period in time and a lot of my friends have a iphone and i just wanted to pick one up since i needed a new music device and i love the tower defense games that they have and wouldnt mind playing some other games with those friends too. so say if i wanted to play the words with friends game and they are just on their 3g or edge and i'm on wifi with my ipod touch, that would work seamlessly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
thanks for the quick reply. i've only ask because i dont have a use for a iphone at this period in time and a lot of my friends have a iphone and i just wanted to pick one up since i needed a new music device and i love the tower defense games that they have and wouldnt mind playing some other games with those friends too. so say if i wanted to play the words with friends game and they are just on their 3g or edge and i'm on wifi with my ipod touch, that would work seamlessly?

I can't really answer that for sure. I guess it would depend on the play of the game.

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.