Two iPods and One Computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hmm. This isn't exactly Hardware discussion but I'm not sure where to put this. Please move it to the appropriate forum.

I have an iPod, which I have been syncing to my MacBook. My mom just received an iPod for Christmas. Our family advised us to use one iTunes account and one computer to keep it simple. The problem is: my mom only wants some of my music. How do I keep what music she wants separate from what I want? How do I sync her iPod with only what she wants.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Drag and drop the music she wants into a new playlist (like "Mom's Music" or something).

When you connect her iPod, go to the bottom and check the box to "Sync only checked songs and videos".

Go into the Music tab, the click the "selected playlists, artists, and genres" radio button.

Select the box for the new playlist.

Click "Apply" then "Sync".

You're good to go.

Also, if you sync your entire library on your iPod, and don't want her music, then just go into your library, and uncheck all her songs. So now when you sync your iPod it will skip the checked songs.

P.S. My mom got the new blue iPod nano :) Cool little device, the camera on it is better than the one on my phone! She got the 8GB model.

OP
iPod Nano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
^Funny that's the same model she got! So cool! Just use playlists to distinguish them! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.