Google Warning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I use Google for searches. I occasionally get the Google warning that says something like; "Warning - this site may damage your computer." Last night, for instance, I ran into that warning while trying to find a site that would stream the film "Battle of the Bulge" to me.

So, my question is; should we Mac users feel safe ignoring those warnings? What do you do about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Warning

I take those warnings at face value, I don't download them.However if you're a gambler, you take your chances and suffer the result. Good Luck Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS

So, my question is; should we Mac users feel safe ignoring those warnings? What do you do about it?

No, you should not feel safe ignoring those warnings until such time you know what exactly triggered that message ( ie. you know what the threat is )
Once you know what the threat is, you can make an informed decision to continue or not.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use Google for searches. I occasionally get the Google warning that says something like; "Warning - this site may damage your computer." Last night, for instance, I ran into that warning while trying to find a site that would stream the film "Battle of the Bulge" to me.

I ignore them. Never had an issue...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Likewise. Always proceed ignoring silly warnings and zilch has happened.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Same here. You're using a Mac not a PC. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My Win machine is typically not allowed on those sites depending on the reason for the warning.

I have always ignored them on my Mac.
Some of those sites will have that "You have a virus" warning with the fake scan of your "C" drive going on. Have had to force quit Safari on occasion to get out of it. That's the worst I've had happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.