Internet connection slow, and doesn't load pics

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro is slow when connecting to the internet. It takes 15-30 seconds or more to load pages at times, depending on the graphics. It struggles loading pictures or finally doesn't load them at all.

I have a Macbook Pro OSX 10.5.8, 2.4 GHz Intel Coure 2 Dou using a Belkin-N router, F5D8236-4 v3000. It has the problem whether it is wireless or hardwired to the router. When connected directly to my cable modem, the thing screams, no problem at all. Pictures load instantly.

I have two PC's also connected to the router. One desktop hardwired, and one wireless. If either PC is turned on, the problem on my Mac is worse.

I tried turning off the security, still an issue. I am using WPA/WPA2 Personal for security. Wireless mode is b/g/n, bandwidth is 20mhz/40 mhz auto.

I updated the Macbook software and firmware and updated the firmaware on the router.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Do you need b/g/n? Can you change it to just n or just g? If so, see if that helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion but no improvement what so ever. I went to friends house who has a Linksys router with a PC and Mac. My MacBook Pro worked fine. My Belkin just seems to hate my MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.