macbook or macbook pro?

Reaction score
well guys...got the macbook im loving it so far its great got it upgraded to 4 gb ram and a 320 gb hard drive. ive asked this a few times but would it be worth it to return this macbook and get a 4gb 250gb hard drive macbook pro for 150 more? i just really like the aluminum on the macbook pro. the white isnt bad or anything idk i just need some input from you guys. i am a very very indecisive person, also the fact that the macbook pro is rumored to be getting an "update" soon concerns me. does anyone know how soon? please, someone give me some input on this situation and help me on what to do!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sounds like you're pretty satisfied with the MacBook, aside from its aesthetic qualities. No reason to replace it if it does what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If the MBP does get an update, it will be a very minor one, not a complete overhaul. Maybe a tiny bump in processor speed. Most likely not enough to even notice the difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
would say if the MacBook is working fine for you keep it. Otherwise you are starting down that long slippery slope of " but the new one must be better " and that just leads to heartache everytime a model is updated. Not to mention all the money you will spend.

Just my thoughts
Clay

Reaction score
I have new MacBook 13in 2.26g processor and as a first machine loving it for the price I got -- $799 on a promotion. Will get a IMAC I7 quad next year with 27inch screen. This is an excellent way to learn MAC software and applications. For the money cant beat it. I gnerally upgrade every 3yrs or so son and I will play with this and do the major upgrade in the spring... May even consider a MA Pro quad..... Hey technology changes fast get on the plane and fly

Reaction score
I personally am planing on getting the MacBook. Hardware wise, there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference. Also, to be honest, I really like the classic white look of the MacBook.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks for everyones replies i really appreciate it! if anyone else has anything to add be my guest.

Reaction score
I cracked for the aluminum model for a few reasons...
1) lighted keyboard
2) aluminum case and cover
3) no white rubber bottom to get dirty
4) external battery indicator
5) card reader
6) firewire
7) more ram capacity (I could be wrong on this)
8) not white

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I cracked for the aluminum model for a few reasons...
1) lighted keyboard
2) aluminum case and cover
3) no white rubber bottom to get dirty
4) external battery indicator
5) card reader
6) firewire
7) more ram capacity (I could be wrong on this)
8) not white

1. Nice feature, but people can live without it.
2. I would scratch that thing now so you can have peace of mind. :p
3. Just because it's white doesn't mean it will get dirty. I've had my MB for a little over a year and it's as clean as the day I first got it. You just need to know how to take care of your things.
4. Can also live without this. I just have to push a button to see how much battery life I have left.
5. I've lived without one for almost 10 years of computing, I think I can manage.
6. Not all Macbooks are firewireless. >_>"
7. 2 GB of RAM is more than enough for every day computing.
8. White is classic, and it's obviously not for everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.