My Computer Boots to Windows After Setting Up Boot Camp. How Do I Make It Boot to Mac

Reaction score
I have to hold down the option key if I want to start up in Mac. Why does it automatically boot to Windows and how do I get it to boot to Mac, pressing Option to boot to Windows? :Smirk:

Thanks So Much, Happy Holidays O:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which do you want as the default? OSX I take it? If so, Hold Option at startup like you have been doing and select OSX. Once in OSX, open System Preferences and click on Startup Disk. Click on the OSX drive and on restart. From that point on it will reboot into OSX and always boot OSX unless you hold down option and select Windows.

If for some reason you ever want it the other way and Windows to boot, when you install the bootcamp drivers in Windows, a Control Panel called Startup Disk (like in OSX) is in Control Panels. Do the reverse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.