NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
320 gigs Hard Drive

VS.

$1499.99
13.3 MacBook Pro
2.56 GHz
4GB ram
250 gigs Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M(Dual Graphics Cards)

Consider the the Price and Quality of both products. Which should I get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
If you have the money, I would go with the macbook pro but your decision should depend on your budget as well as use of the computer. If we know your budget and uses we can probably give better advice about what to get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to jon4lakers I wouldn't buy a macbook pro right now. With mobile core i5 & i7 chips coming out soon, you should probably wait.

YouTube - Don't Buy a Macbook Pro (Right now)

Depends on the situation. I totally agree on waiting if he/she has no immediate need of a macbook pro but if he/she needs a macbook pro immediately, it might be a bad idea to wait. However if he/she chooses to wait, he/she should be ready for some "glitches" when the new macbook pro's come out just like the "glitches" the new iMacs are having.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fall 09 macbook
Yea then it's the obvious decision then, because you could end up with some release glitches.. I personally would wait on the MBP OR get the Macbook ( I just got this white for Christmas and I love it). No matter what you end up getting you will be please at what you get and if anything screws up Apple's tech support is always there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, my situation is, I'm going into first year university in September. And now in Canada, we have Boxing dad. So this means I'm getting $100-150 dollars off both items. Should I wait till September where Apple might even throw in a free touch. So the purpose of the laptop is school, and a little bit of movie production and music production. I can afford both but I'm not too sure if the Pro is worth the extra money. Any suggestions ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fall 09 macbook
The discount sounds much nicer than having a free ipod touch. My two cents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be perfectly fine with the white macbook, but the macbook pro may be a better choice. The faster processor of the macbook pro will help out during film/music production a little bit, but you probably won't notice a large difference in speed if you are only doing minor editing. The best advice I can give is to buy the best you can afford as it will last you longer. Don't forget the macbook pro comes with the aluminum unibody design as well as a sd card slot and backlit keyboard. I almost recommend not to wait due to the fact that the macbook pros are near perfect now and I don't think you will see a large performance increase with the i5/i7 mobile processors, especially if you are only doing basic video/music production. Basically both will suit your needs just fine but I think you would be happier with the macbook pro in the long run but the decision is up to you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Since I already have your attention,

I understand that in Canada, the boxing day sale at Best Buy and Future Shop offer $100-150 off on their Apple laptops. My question is, since both store will match the Apple student discount, will this be in effect in addition to the boxing day $100-150 discount ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Since I already have your attention,

I understand that in Canada, the boxing day sale at Best Buy and Future Shop offer $100-150 off on their Apple laptops. My question is, since both store will match the Apple student discount, will this be in effect in addition to the boxing day $100-150 discount ?

I honestly hav no idea. If I were you I would call Best Buy and ask them about it. If they do offer both discounts and you can use them both, that would be one heck of a deal!

OP
M
Reaction score
I honestly hav no idea. If I were you I would call Best Buy and ask them about it. If they do offer both discounts and you can use them both, that would be one heck of a deal!

See the thing is, tomorrow is the sale and today is Christmas so there closed today. =( oh well, I'll just ask them tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See the thing is, tomorrow is the sale and today is Christmas so there closed today. =( oh well, I'll just ask them tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

No problem and good luck with your purchase! I'm sure you will be happy with your new mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Apple student discount is for high school graduating students since on the site, it only asks for the university/ college people are attending.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hope so, this is going to be my first mac haha

I'm sure it will be a good experience. I just got my own mac today and I must say it is amazing. OSX is just so simple, yet so complex and beautiful. It is hard to describe. It'll take a few hours of getting used to but once you get to know OSX, it is truly something else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.