Just did the Merry Xmas 4GB RAM install into my macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
So this morning was filled with a lot of pointless chatter, trying to entertain and not **** off adopted family (my dad divorced and married into a new family, so I got to hang with my 2 youngest sisters and my step brother who is a year older than i am plus his mom and grandma). Then I got to install the 2x2GB OWC set of RAM my dad bought me for my MacBook. I've got to say, most people won't notice the difference, but if you like to leave tons of apps open, or play WoW or any other game that makes use of your NVIDIA chip that leeches your system RAM, definitely worth it. I don't have to cripple my system now to play WoW and have iTunes, Last.fm, chrome, and a bunch of other stuff open. Joy! :)

Now for the boneheaded part... I also got a mini display port to DVI adapter so I can plug my MacBook into my old 23 inch ACD. The problem being, I left my monitor at my dad's an hour and a half away! DOH! So, that will have to wait (unless I get antsy and buy a monitor from work)

I also for some reason though that I needed to remove my hard drive to access the RAM slots on this machine... I had read about doing it several times, thought they all said that... Well, I was wrong. I'm glad we managed to get thta hard drive bracket out, I did after all have the head slightly stripped on that screw, so we got it out and then put it back in loosely, so if I feel the need to upgrade my HD next, I can do that... Anyway, it was right in the center of the machine. Take off the battery plate and regular bottom plate, and it's in the dead center of the machine. push the levers outward, remove, pop in, and you're good.

Anyway, merry christmas all! If you need help with new apple hardware, this is the place to be. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See "Signature".
Welcome to the 4Gb club! Merry Christmas!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Congrats on the ram. I know you have wanted it a while.

Clay

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Heck yea I did. I was resigned to waiting, and I got it finally. It feels good. I've got WoW running in the background right now with my character making bags to sell on the auction house, and I can't even tell. My computer isn't strained. I knew it was capable. Go RAM!

Reaction score
I upgraded my MB to 4GB RAM about 3 months ago and it was one of the best decisions I have made :) I have this bad habit of never closing anything and then attempting to Photoshop. Needless to say, 2GB just did not cut it for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.