Password Trouble..

Reaction score
Somehow my Imac has decided that it will no longer accept my password when downloading or changing any settings. While magic my sometimes occur and machines do their own thing it is more likely that somewhere along the line I mistyped something somewhere, and have no prayer of ever figuring it out. Can Apple support reset for me, or am I relegated to the wipe disk department? If so how do I do that? Also, I do not have any startup disks, do I need them? Will there be anything left on the machine in terms of programs? If so I can move anything important from my Macpro, I just really need to get the password reset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
All is not lost - grab the install disk that came with the iMac power on insert disc and hold C key then check drop down menus of installer and there will be a selection for changing passwords - just change the Admin and/or User to get you back in control. With rereading i see u do not have the instal disc - can u get them? Look at this If u have lost them Apple might replace them.

OP
J
Reaction score
sorry it took so long to reply. Apple did replace them and all is well. Thks for the response and again sorry it took so long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.