Parental Controls - Time Limit Settings

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I've googled/binged to see if its possible and I have a feeling it's not.

I'm trying to set time limits for my kids using the iMac (I'm on Snow Leopard) and I know you can set all kinds of parental control settings in SL. My main problem is with the Time Limits. My iMac or SL/Apple automatically assumes that my Weekdays are Monday to Friday and my Weekends are Saturday to Sunday. Well I've got news for Apple, some of us are not on "that" program. I'm in a country where the weekends and weekdays are totally different. It's Saturday to Wednesday for the Weekdays and Thursday to Friday for the weekend. Is there any way or is there any settings that I've missed so that I can tell the OS that my weekdays are different? I can't find any regional settings that allows me to do this and at the moment I am stumped.

Any help would be appreciated. To be global, Apple should realise that some places are different than San Franciso USA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Yes but u need to go in and set up the Kids Account first in Sys Prefs/Accounts
then u get this;

Click for full size

For changing the week settings try SysPrefs/Language & Text/Formats and you can even customize in there which should flow over to the Kids accounts, but may do all accounts.

OP
A
Reaction score
Colin, thanks for the heads-up with the settings. I'll check it out and report back if that solves my issues with regards to the Weekdays/Weekends settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.