I'm having trouble connecting my 10.6 macbook pro to my xbox 360

Reaction score
Basically here is my problem, I'm running snow leopard on my macbook pro, and i also have an xbox 360 and i refuse to purchase the wireless adapter for it, and i know that it is possible to share my internet connection to my xbox, however i have been trying for several days using some guides that i have found online, i do all of the steps listed and when i try to connect, it connects to the network but does not connect to the internet, please help me, i think the problem might be that i am running snow leopard and i haven't found a tutorial for that.
Thanks
Mynock

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I understand what you are trying to do, but then you've got to wonder do you really want to keep your MBP running while your XBOX is on Xbox Live? And if indeed you've tried for the last few days to get it to work, isn't the price of the WiFi adapter worth it to alleviate that? :)

Now, know that if you don't want to fork over for the X360 WiFi adapter at $100 or whatever it is, you can use the adapter from the original XBOX as well. You can get these for as little as $25 on eBay..

Regards

Reaction score
Yeah I myself tried to do this at one point and was having a problem doing so. Solution: I paid for the WIFI adapter and fixed the problem in about 3 seconds lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.