white macbook v iMac

Reaction score
Okay, so my friend and I were talking about this the other week and she has an iMac (she used to have a white mac like i do now) she's been telling me that macbooks aren't as good as iMac's and I thought she was just saying that to make her computer sound more up to spec compared to mine.

The question I need to ask is, which is better in your opinion?

(I have a mac because it is easier for me to use and plus, i take my computer on the road quite a bit)

Reaction score
um, spec to spec, a desktop will be more powerful than a laptop seeing as how they're both new. best would be your opinion. i personally like laptops because of the moblility but she might like the screen on a desktop

Reaction score
the imacs use laptop parts... soooooo

as far as which is better it doesn't really matter but if you want to know come back with the specs of each machine and we'll tell you.

to do that go to
about this time>more info

then list processor name , processor speed, memory

under graphics/displays list the chipset model

and list the size of the hard drives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Who cares. If you like yours and she likes hers, all the better. If you want to do some relative tests, download and install xbench or geekbench on each and see which one scores better. The scores aren't all that accurate, but it's fun and free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.