How to download youtube videos free?

Reaction score
I buy music often but I like to watch videos on youtube too.(Please don't beat on me:Oops:) Because my connection is so slow (mobile broadband) trying to watch youtube videos is pointless where I live. So if I could download the video on a better (friends) connection to watch when I get home that would be fantastic.

I asked on Y/A and got 10 different answers. I wanted to ask the experts before trying any of the suggestions!

Thank you,

P.S. I tried the 'activity window' method and all I get when I try to open the file is..'file is not a video file.'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Do a Google search and you will find many programs that will enable you to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
TubeTV works well. What browser(s) are you using? Both Firefox and Safari have native or add-on download 'helpers' where, I understand, you simply click a button and the YouTube video being watched downloads to your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.