Problems with middle click with magic mouse

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a happy owner of a 21" iMac (my first Mac and very very happy so far!) but there just one issue, I cannot use middle click on my magic mouse. I have tried two programs, MouseWizard and BetterTouchTool. With MouseWizard I can middle click once every 10 attemps (so its useless), I cannot make it accurate at all, and even the "go back" works worse (to go to previous page for instance). BetterTouchTool seems not to work at all (maybe because I chose "Multitouch Touchpad" when installing? and there's no way to change to change to single touch, even reinstalling again). Any suggestions of how to make it work? Can anyone happy with his "middle click" show me how he is managing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I use the MagicMouse with great success. I use MouseWizard and I'm very happy with it. Observe where you comfortably rest your fingers on the mouse (effected by hand size) and adjust accordingly. Then, for your middle click be sure to lay you fingers down on the mouse, not just your finger tips. It takes a little more surface area to be effective every time.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you VegasGeorge. Can you post a picture of your settings? Is the "back" function (move your lefts to the right) working properly? When I had MouseWizard installed I could hardly "move back" moving fingers to the left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Yes, the Back/Forward function is working fine for me. Honestly, it does take a little practice to get it right every time. And, if your fingers get sweaty the sideways swipe tends to move the whole mouse. But it does work as advertised. Here are my current settings:

Screen shot 2009-12-25 at 3.03.48 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Having read this i installed it but after a while quit it as i kept getting random results that seemed unplanned. Might try again a bit later. George did u deactivate anything in the normal Sys Pres/Mouse selections?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
No, I didn't deactivate anything. Here is a screenshot of those settings:

Screen shot 2009-12-25 at 10.26.18 PM.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I didn't change anything either in the Magic Mouse panel. Just installed the Mouse Wizard and set it up. Setting where to place your fingers can make a large difference.

There is another application that does the same thing. It's in Alpha. Worked great here. Will find it and post a url.

Here is the thread.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...79420-im-happy-magic-mouser-new-software.html

BetterTouchTool. It works great here on my Intel Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Middleclick - interesting! I'm glad something worked for you.

OP
R
Reaction score
It works great! Now I have the go back/forward, the middle click and of couse the scroll, everything goes very smooth and accurate :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.