Battery no longer charges!?

Reaction score
So I go to use my MacBook Pro that I got 2 years ago, maybe slightly less, and the battery stays at 0%, and no matter how many times I take it out it wont charge. The task bar that shows battery life has a big fat 0%. Is there anything I can do to try to trouble shoot without taking it in to the Apple Store? (Although I'm sure that's where I will have to end up) :(
Merry Christmas to me...

Reaction score
If you are getting a red light where the charger plugs in to the lap top, then most likely its time for a battery

OP
M
Reaction score
It's lighting up Green. I know when it used to charge it would light up Orange. Green always meant it was full. I guess it also means it isn't charging. Any ideas? The contacts are all extremely clean, I popped the battery out and put it back in securely. I even changed outlets.

Reaction score
i am thinking if you used it for 2 years with it plugged in, the battery may have lost its memory. i've heard other users having that same problem, i take it the lap top works ok if you can then its the battery. any friends you can bum there battery off of just to check

OP
M
Reaction score
Well I would say the usage it has had has varied between actually using it mobile and plugged in. The past few weeks I haven't used it at all and didn't have it plugged in. So the battery just died I guess. Is there anyways to "jumpstart" or force it to remember to take a charge? lol

Reaction score
another thought, right click on the battery meter and it should read under power source: power adapter if using elect and read: Battery if on battery

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah, once I click the battery information in grayed out text it reads, "Battery is not charging". Right below that is text that is also grayed out, "Power Source: Power Adapter".

Reaction score
right click on battery meter again and go in to energy saver and restore default setting maybe that will do it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try this it may help and then check this out so you can be kind to your next battery.

Reaction score
Hi,
Actually I don't have an idea about this but in my knowledge i think this is problem caused since it has been taken 2years back i think it needs some sort of servicing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.