trying to install windows via boot camp

Reaction score
Well i am trying to install boot camp..i am using xp sp2 oem version..this version, does not allow you to make a bootable partion on the mac.or even the straight non oem retail version will allow this setup. I have seen that only 2008 sp3 version allows you do to this on the setup...any body know of a software that will be able to make my dos fat on my mac to be bootable, and has the proper info for the intel mac.. in other words make the correct config.sys and autoexec.bat and etc....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand your post, but here are the requirements for installing Windows using the Boot Camp assistant: LINK

The copy of XP must either be: An OEM system builder's full install copy of XP SP2 or 3. Or, a genuine MS boxed full install copy of XP SP2 or 3.

You can not use a branded OEM version such as Dell, Sony, HP, etc. Nor can you use restore versions, recovery versions, etc. And lastly, you can use a corporate install copy.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for your input..I understand the above. What makes those software packs different, is..They will allow you to make a bootable partion on SETUP.Others dont.and thats what I need. So anybody know of a 3rd party software, that will let me make a bootable partion on my mac...In other words it will SYS: the disk like the old DOS days.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Mac does not have a BIOS therefore, using a program similar to the old DOS sys.com just won't work. What you need is something that can work with the EFI setup. Try "rEFIt" it's free from source forge.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.