HELP!!!! Chocolate inside 2 months old macbook pro!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro OS X 10.6
Hi, i have a 2 months old macbook pro and managed to place it on a table with a Chocolate below. And lucky me the chocolate melted and got out of its papir. But macbook was still working. But later I got a error-message about its battery. It could not be used without a direct plug in with power. When this happen I opened up the back-cover.
When I opened the mac I found out that the outermost part of the hardware was the PCB (printed circuit board). And a 2 x 4 cm part of it was covered with chocolate. By using q-tips and tooth-picker I managed clean it. Battery is working good, but the problem now:
When I turn on the macbook the screen is dark
and the keyboard doesn't respond, like volume up/down. This could be the speakers.

What to do? The Warranty does not cover things like this :p Is it possible to order a new PCB?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to more appropriate forum. Not a site comment or suggestion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.