Recovering overwritten word document

Reaction score
Hi all
cardinal sin today. A treatment for a doco that I am working on that I had been saving, I have now lost. I didn't realise I had it open as another window and at some stage it asked me to revert to the open document and I did but it was a verison from the beginning of the day. So I have saved over the one I want. Is there anyway of recovering earlier versions of the same document in word?
I seem to have autosave set in word but can't find an earlier version of the document anywhere. Takes me ages to think out and write down doco ideas so I'm pretty sad about potentially losing it , when I should be drinking beer and getting into the xmas spirit, so any help would be great. I'm running os 10.5.8

Appreciate any advice
regards Toddy in oz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you have Time Machine active and operating correctly on your Mac.
If you do ... you will be able to restore a previous version from there.

If you don't ... I am afraid you will have to retype.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
A
Reaction score
Recovering mac word document

Hi all
cardinal sin today. A treatment for a doco that I am working on that I had been saving, I have now lost. I didn't realise I had it open as another window and at some stage it asked me to revert to the open document and I did but it was a verison from the beginning of the day. So I have saved over the one I want. Is there anyway of recovering earlier versions of the same document in word?
I seem to have autosave set in word but can't find an earlier version of the document anywhere. Takes me ages to think out and write down doco ideas so I'm pretty sad about potentially losing it , when I should be drinking beer and getting into the xmas spirit, so any help would be great. I'm running os 10.5.8

Appreciate any advice
regards Toddy in oz

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
NOTE: Merged multiple crossposts and moved to more appropriate forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.