Trackpad Issues

Reaction score
I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro, and I have so many issues with the trackpad. I am sure it is all because I dont know how to set it right. Are there certain motions you can do on the trackpad that cause things to happen? (zoom, page back, etc, I was not aware of this) Here is what it is set as:

3bZBM.png

Issues:

I like it when I have to click the trackpad, and when I click and scroll with my finger, it never catches! It scrolls for a second than lets go.
It randomly zooms in and out of my screen.
It takes me back a page

Okay and why on system preferences is it not allowing me to choose the two finger or three finger option???

Help I am so lost!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
to scroll, you don't click. just two finger swipe up and down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Check out this video.

YouTube - Apple MacBook's Multi-Touch Trackpad

Here are my settings

Screenshot2009-12-24at121946PM.png

EDIT:
Do you have a newer MBP, one with a multi-touch trackpad?

If you do, then something seems to be wrong with your settings. If you do not have one, then you need to have Snow Leopard in order to gain these features.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes I have a new one, I just purchased it 3 months ago. I will check out that video, thank you. What could be a reason for my settings to be off? I still have v 10.5.8.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.