How can I reset mac mail

Reaction score
I have been trying to import outlook to mac mail the cheap way...with Thunderbird. I am done trying. I am going to use O2M. However before doing that I want to reinstall mac mail or somehow make it as if it was a new install of mac mail...basically I want it to be fresh and not have all the crap in it that I have imported, etc. What is the most simple way to make mail appear to be a fresh install again?
Thanks
jeff

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Delete your account and then re-create it.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
delete account

If I delete the account there will still be some ghost files somewhere wont there? Also will this delete all the files that have downloaded into mail as well?
Thanks again,
Jeff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you delete your account, everything from that account will disappear, it will be as if you just opened Mail for the very 1st time ...

Cheers

OP
S
Reaction score
it worked

It worked. I should have spent the ten bucks two days ago for the O2M program....that was pretty painless. Thanks for the heads up on deleting the old accounts out of mac mail.
Take care and Merry Xmas!
Jeff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.