Looking for a car charger with a 1/8 inch female input

Reaction score
Hey y'all- I'm looking for a car charger for an iphone 3gs that has an 1/8 inch headphone input. Do you know if one exists?

I have a cassette in-dash and use a tape with 1/8 inch connector into the headphone jack on the iphone normally. I am installing a proclip car mount with the pass through connection. I'm attaching the car charger to the device holder- my preference would be to not have to plug in the tape cord into the iphone itself. Is there a charger on the market with the headphone input included?

OP
M
Reaction score
By the way, I do not have the funds to fully integrate the wires into the radio, or buy a new radio. My hope is to be able to put the iphone into the device holder without having to plug in any wires. The pass through connection allows the charger to remain plugged in all the time, and I'm looking for an option to do the same with the tape deck adapter.

Hopefully that's a fuller explanation of what I'm looking for...

Reaction score
Well the only thing I could think of is a bluetooth receiver built into the radio head itself. To be completely honest, I can't think of any other way to get audio from the iPhone into the radio wirelessly.
One other option you would have is if your radio had a usb input so that you could plug your iPhone in via usb, but I'm sure if you had a radio with usb, this solution would be obvious to you.
Did that help at all?

Reaction score
I have one from my first gen iphone. its made by belkin, but apple changed its charging spec and it will not charge iphone 3g or gs. I was great though one connection to the iphone through the dock then i left the mini stereo cable connected from charger to stereo all the time

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.