Partition Deleted from Hard Drive

Reaction score
For starters, I'm a "noob" at anything related to computers.. lol
Anyway, I have a Power Mac G5 that is sort of old now and I tried to reformat the computer using the utilities but being the idiot I am, I accidentally deleted the partition itself. Unfortunately, I'm not the original owner of the Mac and I do not have the recovery disks but is there any possible way I can reinstall Leopard back onto the computer? I tried the Mac Book disks (desperate much? lol.) but they obviously don't work. I don't care much for whatever personal files were on the Mac itself, but I'd like to bring it back to factory settings. Is there any way I can just fix it. Last resort would be calling Apple for the recovery disks? But, I"m nervous on how much those run. Thank you in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well nervous or not, the only way you're going to get Leopard back on that machine is with a retail (black) version. That means purchasing a copy from Apple or some place like Best Buy. Your other option is to call Apple and find out how much the original install disks would cost. Even if you get the original install disks at a good price, you'll still not have Leopard.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.