Translation Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I'm looking for some mac software that will let me transloate words and phrases from English to different European languages: French, German, and Italian mostly...

Anyone have any advice for some good software?

Reaction score
rs2sensen said:
I'm looking for some mac software that will let me transloate words and phrases from English to different European languages: French, German, and Italian mostly...

Anyone have any advice for some good software?

If you have Tiger there is a translater widget in there that might do what you need, other wise you will have to locate a translater program.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, I'm still on Panther (wait for the .1 or .2 vs. till I go to Tiger). I know Sherlock has the translator in it, but I want something I can use when I'm not online.

Reaction score
I have heard in the past that the best translators are online only !!! so let us know if you find a good one. :cool:

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I'm on the hunt for one now. I'll be taking a tour through Europe in about a month, and I'd like to have at least a basic dictionary/translator with me. I have a good one for my PocketPC, but I rarely use that anymore now that I have a PB. I'll drop a post when I find one...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.