weird noises from dragging my mouse + Emagic sound card causing noise

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and just got my new 27" i5 Imac two weeks ago...
now what I have noticed is that the same monitors (speakers) i had with my older imac (24") are constantly making a louder "white noise" than what they used to (didnt bother me that much but i definitely noticed a louder volume of white noise).
The thing that really bothers me is that whenever i scroll the mouse, or click and drag an object in photoshop or something the monitors are making a really noticeable disturbing scratching sound sound ...just cant seem to make it stop..its so annoying ..
i also tried to record something and the imac recorded it in a really low volume and unstable wave (volume going up and down).
so i figured well obivously the soundcard of the new imac was real bad..so got me an external soundcard, Emagic emi6|2m and i figured it would solve the problem. installed the soundcard, and played a song and suddenly a high pitch noise, kinda loud and really disturbing, started coming from the speakers. 2 seconds after i pauseded the song, the sound stopped. play the song, the noise comes, stop the song, noise stop after 2 seconds. if i open up Logic, the sound just starts no matter what. quit Logic and the sound stops. just now i opened up a youtube video and the sound just started going off even after i paused the video. now the sound comes everytime i choose the Emagic soundcard in the sound preferences. its kinda real loud and its bothering me so much, i cant seem to make it go away and definitely cant work with it.
When i tried installing the soundcard on my brother's laptop windows with the same speakers, everything was fine and it played perfect with no noise.

whaaaaat can i possibly do, this actually really frustrates me....whats wrong with the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
For the sake of this we will assume that you have installed the speakers correctly so I would suggest returning a two week old computer with a problem such as this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.