Tip of headphones jack stuck inside with superglue

Reaction score
Hi i'm in Peru i have a macbook pro uni-body, the tip of the headphones got stuck inside, in my desperation i took it to a pc service and the dumbasses tried to take the tip pasting it with another piece with super glue, now is all ****ed, there is no sound from the speakers and no option to switch it in the output from headphones to speakers.

1st i wanna know if its possible to change the piece of the headphones in without changing the hole main board.

2nd i know that switching the output from headphones to speakers is a software thing cause when i start the computer the booonnggg sound came out from the speakers so there must be an option to change from headphones to speakers via software.

thnx for your help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
1st i wanna know if its possible to change the piece of the headphones in without changing the hole main board.

Not possible. The entire board will have to be changed unless you can somehow disassemble the machine and remove the glued parts.

2nd i know that switching the output from headphones to speakers is a software thing cause when i start the computer the booonnggg sound came out from the speakers so there must be an option to change from headphones to speakers via software.

It's done through the headphone switch, not software. Your computer "thinks" the headphones or external speakers are connected and therefore will not allow sound from the internal speakers. The only remedy is to remove the glued parts of the headphone tip.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Nail polish remover with acetone will dissolve the superglue.
That should be done as a last resort because you can ruin your MBP if the liquid gets in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The idiot who used super glue is responsible. The method he used was about as unprofessional as you can get, considering where he works. That particular means of extraction could have been tried by you, and perhaps with better results.

I sure hope you hold that PC repair shop personally responsible for whatever replacements or repairs your MacBook might need because of THEIR negligence ! If they wind up fixing it without incident, good. But be sure they don't try and charge you for what they've done. Because again, it was idiotic and unprofessional. You could have done that yourself. Make sure they understand this.

And of course.. NEVER go back there again.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.