Tiger Issues...

D

Dark Phoenix

Recently I've installed OSX Tiger and have had many problems. WHen I first installed it, my computer was still pretty fast and ran smoothlu then teh next day it became slower and now everytime I get teh dreaded beachball I have to manually shut it down. Speaking of shutting down, When I tell my mac to shut down, the dock and top bar go away leaving just the desktop. I thougth at first it was just slow and i was being impatient but I did that, went to sleep, woke up and it was still on like that.

Any solutions? I'm starting to get irratated like I did when I had windows >.<

OP
M

meanopause

Dark Phoenix said:
Recently I've installed OSX Tiger and have had many problems. WHen I first installed it, my computer was still pretty fast and ran smoothlu then teh next day it became slower and now everytime I get teh dreaded beachball I have to manually shut it down. Speaking of shutting down, When I tell my mac to shut down, the dock and top bar go away leaving just the desktop. I thougth at first it was just slow and i was being impatient but I did that, went to sleep, woke up and it was still on like that.

Any solutions? I'm starting to get irratated like I did when I had windows >.<

the problem is probably some program that dosen't like tiger running in the backround. for example, a disk utility program or a virus checker.

the same thing was happening to me, and i isolated the problem to intech's speed tools. use activity monitor and see if anything funky is running.

good luck.

OP
D

Dark Phoenix

Thanks, I'll try that. It may be photshop CS or netscape since those are the 2 programs I run teh most.

Reaction score
I'd also check for updates of the programs that you have, as the problems may already have been solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.