Broken G4 - need help plz =D

Reaction score
Hello guys. I ran into a problem with a used G4 I bought on ebay and I wanted to hear your input.

I'm a PC guy so I'm not knowledgeable on mac problems and fixes.

The g4 I have (800 mhz duel) was recently hooked up to an iphone for an update through usb. It immediatly lost internet connectivity. I have done a full format and restore with 10.4 and still no internet. I figured the built in ethernet port had blown so my roomate had 2 pci ethernet card which we tried. Each time after booting up the ethernet card was recognized in the networking menu (I assume it was because it told me the type of card it was) but still no internet...

That seems weird huh? Not software, and apparently not hardware?

Anyway I hope someone here has some ideas for me.

Thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Hello guys. I ran into a problem with a used G4 I bought on ebay and I wanted to hear your input.

I'm a PC guy so I'm not knowledgeable on mac problems and fixes.

The g4 I have (800 mhz duel) was recently hooked up to an iphone for an update through usb. It immediatly lost internet connectivity. I have done a full format and restore with 10.4 and still no internet. I figured the built in ethernet port had blown so my roomate had 2 pci ethernet card which we tried. Each time after booting up the ethernet card was recognized in the networking menu (I assume it was because it told me the type of card it was) but still no internet...

That seems weird huh? Not software, and apparently not hardware?

Anyway I hope someone here has some ideas for me.

Thanks guys

System preff/network see if ethernet is listed in the drop to the left. If so is there a light to represent activity? Like green for active or red for non active.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.